My Lenovo cannot boot after windows updates installation


Oh LE-?No?-vo!!!


My Lenovo cannot/is not/would not Boot when restarting after installing Windows update


First of all, you can do some research by going online. Here is a link i prepared for you that shows the 
Discussions within the Microsoft community;

URL: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-boot-after-lastest-windows-10-update/7362b408-f998-4aef-97b1-8cfdf4bf715c 

Your Pc most probably will be stuck like this;

The ( _ ) will beep non stop and it will go nowhere

Apparently, many Lenovo users faced such situations. Anyway;

To Resolve


Based on the link above, they provided an array of solutions. However, my efforts were just a waste. I personally do not recommend as this will only continuously end up in booting and shutting down the pc. 

So, what I did was literally googled again for answers (the irony). This time I found my final and exact solution that fixed my Lenovo problem! (I couldn’t retrace it anymore, but I know how relax).


1.       What I did was, I entered the Bios, Disable Quick Boot and exited the Bios

2.      Then I proceeded to press F8 while holding on to shift repeatedly. (press it right after you exit Bios)

3.       You will hear multiple beeps in a fast pace (*beep x ) then you will find yourself shifted to the Logo window and it will load then proceed to the Initializing Phase.

4.      Just wait, it will run by itself.


I have done this process several times and kept installing & updating my windows when it boots successfully to get pass the buggy update. 
Until the end I managed to override this situation and now it boots immediately
😊

My update attempt was only 1 to 2 times so do not worry that it’ll take forever.

If you worry or wonder what happened or why, just know that the windows is not broken. I have troubleshooted on many occasions and realised that the only trouble phase is the shift from logo to windows. If it fails to boot after installation, u will see a black screen with a ( _ ) beeping non stop. 

I tried all the methods given in the link and only to find myself in the cycle of USB Booting. Why i said that windows was fine is because if you go to system Re-image, u will find yourself with the *next* button that is not greyed out after clicking ok and u can actually click it to access the files in your pc, even your USB files. 

Initially i did believe that by going through the safe boot i can repair the windows, but as said, there wasn't any issues on the inside and it was impossible for me to enter safe boot, idk why. Thus, my conclusion.

Hope it helps and Good-luck!!!


Comments